At my business site, I am beginning to explore how the automotive industry is changing and what it will look like in the future.
For the year, I have been working in the automotive industry as an IT manager, business analyst, programmer, and process analyst. I’ve learned more than I than I ever wanted to in this role, and yet am thankful for the opportunity.
At some point in the last year, I started pondering some ideas about the future of the automotive industry. I have shared some of these with my dealer recently as well as a regional rep from one of the major automotive manufacturers. The feedback I got was mixed, but informative as well.
The series will look at the following topics:
- The power shift occurring in automotive buying
- The future of the auto dealer
- The future of automotive manufacturing
- Rethinking the automotive industry
- Related industry growth
- Overall implications for the automotive industry